MISSION: To bring together experts, researchers, stakeholders, and policymakers to address the unmet need for surgical and anesthesia services in low and middle income countries in the South and Southeast Asia region.
- Understand the background and the mandates of WHA Resolution 68.15.
- Appraise the scope and the burden of unmet surgical need in LMICs in the region.
- Evaluate the current state of essential and emergency surgical and anesthesia care in the region.
- Assess the current projects for surgical and anesthesia capacity building.
- Explore innovative and collaborative pathways for addressing the unmet need.
DATES: March 24&25, 2016.
Recommend arriving on March 23 into Phnom Penh.
Optional tour to Angkor Wat is being organized for March 26 & 27 (Sat, Sun):
Saturday early morning flight to Siem Reap (REP) and option of
departing to home country from Siem Reap or return to Phnom Penh.
LOCATION: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Kee B. Park MD
Program in Global Surgery and Social Change, Harvard Medical School
Foundation for International Education in Neurological Surgery
Iv Vycheth MD, PhD
President, Cambodian Society of Neurosurgeons
Chief of Neurosurgery Department, Preah Kossamak Hospital
Peter Reilly MD
Chair, Neurotrauma Committee, Asian Australasian Society of Neurological Surgeons
Walter Johnson MD
Lead, Essential and Emergency Surgical Services, World Health Organization, Geneva